Tub-Tim-Krob (Mock Pomegranate Seeds with syrup and coconut milk)
2 cans water chestnuts (Valcom)
2 cups tapioca flour
1 cup red syrup
1 ½ cup water
1 cup sugar
2 cups coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
Preparation: Water chestnut
1. Dice water chestnuts and soak into syrup for 15 minutes. Remove and drain.
2. Toss water chestnuts in tapioca flour, shaking off excess flour.
3. Place chestnuts into boiling water and until they float to the top.
4. Remove and plunge into cold water. Drain when ready to use.
5. Mix water and sugar, bring to boil and simmer until reduced to light syrup
6. Heat coconut milk mixed with salt and heat until boiling. Remove and set aside.
7. Place water chestnut in dessert bowls, add syrup, coconut milk and crushed ice