Phad Thai Chicken
Phad Thai Rice noodles, pre-soaked in cold water
100g chicken, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons bean curd, diced
1/2 Tablespoons pickled white radish finely chopped
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons tamarind concentrate/lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried red chili powder - optional
1 handful of raw bean shoots
1 handful cabbage, finely shredded
2 Spring onions or 10 Chinese chives, cut into 2.5 centimetre pieces
1. Heat oil in wok until hot, add chicken and stir fry until slight pink. Add eggs and when they begin to set, scramble them to break them up.
2. Add diced bean curd, preserved turnip/radish and stir fry until slightly golden brown.
3. Add noodles and toss through. Add sugar and fish sauce, keep tossing until slightly golden. Add lemon juice sugar and stir fry until liquid dries up.
4. Add cabbage, bean shoots, chives, crushed nuts and stir fry until cabbage and bean shoots are slightly wilted.
5. Move Phad Thai onto a plate and sprinkle with more crushed nuts and dried chilli flakes.